Linix ClearOS Installation on Hyper V Network Error

I was thinking to Install Linux ClearOS on my Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V to utilize my Hyper-V Server and to reduce my physical Server as well but when I try to Install ClearOS on Hyper-V 2008 it gives me an Network Error after providing IP Address Information as below;

I feel really sorry that I will not be able to install ClearOS but I do remember that Hyper-V have two type of Network Cards option on its Hyper-V Virtual Machines. I really try the same that I once done with Windows Server 2003 Network Card, Yes ! you thinking right, I add "Legacy Network Adapter". What I have done is here;

Solution:
  • Forcefully Power Off your Linux / ClearOS Virtual Machine on Hyper-V
  • Click on your Linux / ClearOS Virtual Machine then Settings
  
  •  In Settings Click on Add Hardware and Click on Legacy Network Adapter
  •  Add Two Legacy Network Adapter in settings and restart your Linux / ClearOS Installation, hope this will help you, if you have any further question lets come up in comments.



Comments

Post a Comment