There are no active mixer devices available - Windows XP

Well, On Windows there are a lot of things that you think are stupids but last days I got an error and error was such a stupid that really make me more lover of "Microsoft Windows". When I play a video on Facebook, there was no Voice in headphone. I check twice and then I open youtube.com and there were no VOICE :(. I double click on Volume Manager in System Tray and get below Windows;
I really astonished when an Error buzz was heard from the same headphone. OMG ! Windows again trying to give me one more learning ? I double check the error and again the rubbish error was stating that;

"There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, 
click Add Hardware.
This program will now close."

I just try to follow the steps but that were not useful, Well the solutions of this problem was very simple.

  1. Start > RUN > Services.msc
  2. Locate "Windows Audio" and hope that it is not running, I just start the services and there was boom-basting sound from my sound card.
Hope this will also Solve you problem and make you a more Love of "Microsoft Windows" 

Comments