Windows Service Pack installation failed Access is denied

Being an I.T Professional, I know that when you try to Install a software and after some time when you face an error that setup can not be run or access denied, it really irritate when specially you are login with Full Administrative Rights.
In Windows, when you face an Error while Installation of Service Pack (Windows XP, Windows 2003 etc), just check permissions in registry on below key. I get this error mostly on Windows Server 2003 while Installing Service Pack 1 and later when Installing Service Pack 2. In very start, my internet search was ends up with this solution that it is because of lack Administrative rights and I was really love to say something bad to Microsoft becuase I was login with Domain Enterprise login rights but here is the solutions. I found an Event in System Events with Event ID 4373 and it states that Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 installation failed, leaving Windows Server 2003 partially updated. Service Pack 2 installation did not complete.and its source was NtServicePack. Anyhow, you can do it as under;
Click Start > RUN > regedit and Press Enter; Then Navigate to below location in registry.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SvcHost
Right Click on SvcHost and Click Permissions, For Administrators change FULL ACCESS and READ rights.
Thats all I have done in my problem regarding this issue. Hope this will also help you.

Comments